With WiFi, BLE and cellular LTE CAT M1/NB1, the GPy is the latest Pycom triple-bearer MicroPython enabled microcontroller on the market today the perfect enterprise-grade IoT platform for your connected Things. Create and connect your things everywhere, fast.
Get on with a board that gets you into the newly available LTE CAT M1 / NB1 networks. The GPy gives you full flexibility during testing, install, deployment and is delivered RCM, IC, CE and FCC certified.
NOTE: The Cellular Antenna MUST always be used with LTE CAT M1 / NB1, or it could cause serious damage to the development board. (Not Included)
- Powerful CPU
- 1KM WiFi range
- MicroPython enabled
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: fraction compared to other connected microcontrollers
|Ports for LTE Bands||Tx frequencies||Rx frequencies|
|Low bands 5, 8, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20, 28||699 to 915 MHz||729 to 960 MHz|
|Mid bands 1, 2, 3, 4||1710 to 1980MHz||
1805 to 2170 MHz
LTE-M Operating Frequencies
- 34 bands supported from 699Mhz to 2170Mhz (Total world-wide support)
- One single chip for both CAT M1 and NB1
- 3GPP release 13 LTE Advanced Pro
- Supports narrowband LTE UE categories M1/NB1
- Integrated baseband, RF, RAM memory and power management
- Reduced Tx power class option
- Peak power estimations: TX current = 420mA peak @1.5Watt RX current = 330mA peak @1.2Watt
- Data rates:
- 300kbps DL
- 375 kbps UL (LTE Cat M1 in 1.4Mhz in 1.4 Mhz, HD-FDD)
- 40 kbps DL
- 55kbps UL (LTE Cat M2 in 200 kHz, HD-FDD)
- 2 x UART, 2 x SPI, I2C, I2S micro SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs, 2×8 bit DAC
- Timers: 2×64 bit with PWM with up to 16 channels
- DMA on all peripherals
- Voltage Input: 3.3V – 5.5V
- 3v3 output capable of sourcing up to 400mA
- Espressif ESP32 SoC
- Dual processor + WiFi radio system on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
Security & Certifications
- SSL/TLS support up to 1.2
- WPA Enterprise security
- AES encryption engine
- RAM: 4MB
- Flash Memory: 8MB
- GPIO: Up to 22
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
Hash / Encryption
- SHA, MD5, DES, AES
- 802.11b/g/n 16mbps
- Low energy and classic
- Running at 32KHz
- Size: 55mm x 20mm x 3.5mm (Without Headers)
- Weight: 7g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Build Internet-Connected Electronics Projects
What do we mean when we talk about the "Internet of Things"? Mostly we're talking about tiny computers that have access to the internet and do some useful work. Unlike the computers we're used to holding in our hands, they don't have a touchscreen an...
- MicroPython Primer for Makers - What is MicroPython?
This Tutorial is all about the MicroPython Programming Language. We will discuss what MicroPython is, why you will want to use it in your projects and we will share some resources to help you learn further! What is MicroPython? MicroPython is an ...
- Pycom GPy & FiPy Cellular LTE Firmware Update
There are three levels of firmware upgrades that are required on Pycom gear. First, performing an upgrade on the firmware of any of the Pycom microcontrollers is a simple affair. Download the Pycom Firmware Update application as linked in the documen...
- Pycom GPy Getting Started
The main thing I want you to get out of this project is this: upon completion you will have cellular data connected to your Internet of Things device! LoRa, Sigfox, Bluetooth and WiFi can't compete with cellular data for coverage, speed and...
- Pycom GPy Overview
School zone sign There are lots of maker and Internet of Things (IoT) projects that need a high quality mobile Internet connection. While technologies like Sigfox and LoRa are going to be a big part of our future, in a lot of places cellular data i...
- IoT Soundscape
I had been captivated by the sound levels of trains I could hear passing by Metford throughout the day/night. I wondered if a sound level sensor reporting data back over LoRa would help me understand when a train was noisy. I also like the idea of seeing or visualising a problem, in this case, an ambient sound level. As you deconstruct a problem it consists of information & that information consists of data. As such, if I cou...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.