Please Note: BBC micro:bit, 2 x AAA Battery Cage and 2 x AAA Batteries are NOT included. If you also require a BBC micro:bit, you can order one here.
This Prototyping System for the BBC micro:bit is a great way to start making circuits and making experiments without the need to solder.
This prototyping system uses Kitronik's specially designed Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit that gives full access to the pins on the bottom of the BBC micro:bit. The BBC micro:bit pins are broken out to a row of pin headers, the SCL and SDA pins are separated at the edge of the board providing easy identification. The PCB includes a prototyping area with 3V, 0V and unconnected rows that can be soldered to. This allows easy connection of switches, sensors and any pull-up or pull-down resistors etc. as required.
This prototyping system is used in conjunction with a Small Prototype Breadboard. This makes it easy to connect additional components using the included jumper wires. No soldering required.
Please Note: BBC micro:bit is NOT included.
This kit requires assembly.
- No soldering is required.
- Breaks out 21 pins from the BBC micro:bit using the Pre-built Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit.
- Small Prototype Breadboard included so you can use additional components.
- Run your own custom code from your BBC micro:bit to interact with external components.
- 4 x Pan Head M3 Machine Screws.
- 1 x Small Prototype Breadboard.
- 10 x Jumper Wires Male to Male.
- 10 x Jumper Wires Male to Female.
- 1 x Perspex Mounting Plate.
- 1 x Edge Connector Breakout Board for BBC micro:bit - Pre-built.
- 4 x Self-adhesive Rubber Feet.
- 1 x BBC micro:bit.
- 1 x Phillips Screwdriver.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.