New from Printrbot, the Metal Simple is a brand new rock solid, all metal, fully-assembled Printrbot Simple! As opposed to the Printrbot Simple Kit, all of the laser cut wood parts have been replaced by rock solid metal and assembled. In fact, the total number of parts have been reduced to just a fraction of the wooden model. The all metal construction combined with a GT2 belt pulley system produces a 3D print that rivals those of other manufacturers which cost thousands more!
The Printrbot Simple is an exercise in 3D printing minimalism. It includes only what is needed to get started in the world of 3D printing. With the All-metal Printrbot Simple you'll have a fully-functioning 3D printer that weighs only 12 lbs and fits nicely on your desk!
As of October 17th, 2014 Adafruit are shipping the new version of the PrintrBot Simple Kit with the following upgrades:
- Auto-Leveling Probe - works with software to calibrate Z axis height
- Aluminum handle and spool holder
- Aluminum Extruder (direct drive) - 1.75mm Ubis Hot End w/ 0.4mm nozzle
- GT2 Belt
- 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum pulleys
- PrintrBot Rev F Printrboard with micro-USB connection (cable included) and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Two free 0.5kgs of PLA Black, White, Silver
Note: Shipping weight reflects UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.
- Build Volume: 6″ x 6″ x 6″ (150mm x 150mm x 150mm)
- Print Resolution: 50+ Microns
- Filament: 1.75 PLA
- Hot End: 1.75 Ubis Hot End with 0.4mm Nozzle
- Construction: Steel and Aluminum Body
- Finish: Powder Coated
- Print Bed: Semi-Auto Leveling via Software
- Belt: GT2
- Pulley: Aluminum
- Rods: 12mm
- Product Weight: 12 lbs
- Print Software: Compatible with Repetier Host and Pronterface
- Finished Dimensions: 14" x 10" x 16"
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
For technical support with your Printrbot visit the Printrbot knowledge base, the Printrbot forums, contact Printrbot. For missing/replacement parts, warranty assistance visit the Printrbot support center.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.