The HD-1218TH is one of the strongest standard-size servos Pololu carry. Digital electronics combined with a coreless motor, titanium-shielded aluminum gears, and two ball bearings give this servo a distinct edge over typical standard-size servos. Unlike typical hobby servos, the 1218TH has an operating voltage range of 6 V to 7.4 V. This servo works with standard RC servo pulses at frequencies up to 333 Hz. The 12″ (300 mm) lead is terminated with a standard “JR”-style connector, which is Futaba-compatible. The picture below shows an example of the hardware that might be included with this servo (hardware might vary).
The picture below shows the all-metal, titanium-shielded aluminum gear train and ball bearings that help the servo deliver such high torque.
|Titanium-shielded aluminum gears and ball bearings of the Power HD digital servo 1218TH.|
You can find more information about this servo under the specifications tab and in its datasheet (380k pdf).
Note that, as with most hobby servos, stalling or back-driving this servo can strip its gears.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.