The Type 5 Pocket Geiger Radiation Sensor from Radiation Watch is a highly sensitive radiation sensor designed for the embedded systems market. Capable of detecting Gamma and Beta radiation, this sensor has a simple pulsed output that can be used with any microcontroller. Radiation Watch has a handful of documents and example Arduino code to get you up and running. They have also written a Windows example program in C# (source included!) to output graphs to a computer using an Arduino as the reader.
These small Geiger sensors feature a measurement range of 0.05uSv/h to 10mSv/h at 0.01cpm to 300Kcpm with a required measurement time of two minutes. The Pocket Geiger has an onboard DC boost circuit, so the board can be supplied with a friendly 3V to 9V. Using only 30mW (10mA @ 3V), it is very low power. Additionally, the counter comes with an optional enclosure and 3.5mm cable that allow you to connect the counter to some mobile phones (may not be compatible with phones sold in the EU).
Note: This product is for educational purposes and should not be directly relied upon for determinations regarding one’s health or safety.
Dimensions: 58 x 26 x 11mm
- Type5 Geiger Sensor board with copper EM shielding
- Brass plates (attach to block beta particles)
- 9V battery holder with On/Off switch
- 16” TRRS cable
- Plastic enclosure
- Extra 3.5mm TRRS jack
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.