The Pimoroni Picade Console Controller is a stylish, retro, and fun arcade controller for your Raspberry Pi!
The Picade Console Controller comes in kit form for you to build at home. All parts, panels, and components are included - you just need to supply the Raspberry Pi! Adafruit highly recommend using a Raspberry Pi 2 as the extra processing power gives great performance in many emulators.
The panels are powder-coated in black so the end result feels like a finished, quality product. The chassis makes a great sounding board for the included speakers, you can't fake that retro sound. In Adafruit's example Adafruit used Adafruit's 10.1" 1366x768 HDMI Display IPS.
Total build time is around one hour. Full specific to the console instructions do not exist yet (they're coming soon!) but you can find instructions and an embed of the build video under the general Picade Cabinet instructions!
The only tools you'll need are a cross-head (pozi) screwdriver and a small flat-head for the Picade PCB screw terminals.
Please note: Raspberry Pi is not included. Picade is compatible with Raspberry 2, B+, and A+ - Adafruit recommend Raspberry Pi 2 since it's a lot more powerful! You'll also need a good 2A power supply.
Note: Shipping weight reflects UPS' new dimensional weight regulations.
- Assembled Dimensions: 139.7mm x 304.8mm x 139.7mm / 5.5" x 12" x 5.5"
- Black powder-coated cabinet panels (swish!)
- Picade PCB (Arduino compatible with stereo 2.8W amplifier) pre-loaded with the Picade software.
- One speaker with wires pre-soldered
- 3.5mm stereo panel mounted headphone socket
- Attractive decal for the controls
- Audio and USB cables
- A proper arcade stick
- Twelve micro-switch arcade buttons
- Custom assembled wiring looms
- All other fixings, fasteners, nuts, and bolts
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.