The Explorer HAT and Explorer HAT Pro are the perfect prototyping side-kicks for your Raspberry Pi!
We've added a heap of useful input and output options that will take your projects to the next level. Great for driving motors, using analog sensors, interfacing with 5V systems, and touch (even fruit based!) interfaces.
It's compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, and A+ and comes fully assembled.
- Four buffered 5V tolerant inputs
- Four powered 5V outputs (up to 500mA!)
- Four capacitive touch pads
- Four capacitive crocodile clip pads
- Four coloured LEDs
- PRO ONLY Four analog inputs
- PRO ONLY Two H-bridge motor drivers
- PRO ONLY A heap of useful (unprotected) 3v3 goodies from the GPIO
- A mini breadboard on top!
5V tolerant inputs - Hook up your Pi to accept input from 5V systems (like Arduino Uno/Leonardo or 5V Trinkets). We've used a 5-channel buffer that will accept anything from 2V-5V as logic high.
5V powered ouputs - The onboard darlington array can supply up to 500mA per channel (but you'll be limited to driving around 1A total from the board). Ideal for stepper motors, solenoids, and relays.
Eight capacitive inputs - Four along the front edge for touch input (labelled 1, 2, 3, 4) and four up the side for attaching crocodile clips to objects (such as fruit, or tin foil) for experimentation!
Four coloured LEDs - Independently controllable LEDs (red, green, blue, and yellow) that make great status indicators.
Four analog inputs (pro only) - A tidy way to integrate analog signals into your project.
Two H-Bridge motor drivers (pro only) - Drive two 5V motors bidirectionally with up to 200mA per channel. Ideal with our micro-metal gear-motors to create the perfect little buggy! You can even soft-PWM for full speed control.
Full Python library, documentation and examples - Head on over to our GitHub to find a Python library, examples, documentation and a brief introduction to Explorer HAT: https://github.com/pimoroni/explorer-hat
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.