Keep it cool with a Peltier module. These unique electronic components can generate a temperature differential when powered. That is to say, apply 12V to the red (positive) and black (negative) wires and one side will get cold while the other side gets hot. For best results, you'll need to wick away that heat (otherwise the cold side will slowly get warmer). A fan and/or heatsink is ideal.
This module is a 12V module, and is rated for ~72W max (up to 14V/6A) but when used with a regulated 12V output they don't draw more than 5A so they suggest Adafruit's 12V/5A power adapter for use.
Peltier Thermo-Electric Cooler Module - 12V 5A (5:20)
- Max current: 6A @ 12V
- Suggested Voltage range: 12V to 15.5V
- Maximum temperature differential (Tmax @ Qc = 0): 66°C
- Maximum cooling power (Qcmax) @ 15.3V: 97W
- 127 Peltier elements
- DC Resistance: 2.5 ohms
- Silicone seal
- Dimensions: 40mm / 1.57" x 40mm / 1.57" x 3.5mm / 0.13"
- Wire Length: 339.72mm / 13.32"
- Weight: 20.68g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- All About LEDs
Hello and welcome to our tutorial where we a look at all things LED. Now first of all, what is an LED? LED stands for Light Emitting Diode and is an electronic component used to convert electrical energy to light energy. This process is called electr...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.