The NOR module is a logic gate with two inputs. As its name suggests, it sends an on signal only when neither input is receiving an on signal. In other words, it’s the exact opposite of the OR module. The NOR module is good for projects in which you want the output to be on unless one or both of its inputs are triggered.
Real World Example
A washing machine has two sensors. One to check if the washing machine lid is open and the other to sense whether the water in the washing tub is filled to minimum level. If either or both of these inputs are activated, the washing machine will stop.
Full lesson plan about logic available here.
Check out littleBits Tips + Tricks for more ideas on using the NOR module.
- Dimensions (mm): 12.7(H) x 26.92(W) x 29.9(D)
- Product Weight: 0.02 lbs (0.01 kg)
- Recommended Age: 8+
- SKU: 650-0085
- UPC: 859477003959
- Extra Materials Circuit Diagram - PDF
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
- What is the better tech, innoBits or littleBits?
We get a lot of interest from parents and educators surrounding littleBits and innobits. Especially the difference between the two products. Both are magnetically connected electronic building blocks. Both products empower people to invent and create...
- The One Wand to rule them all!
Wands are cool, right? That's what Trinity, Adele, and April were thinking of our recent littleBits Workshop, down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. Their inspiration for this project came straight from the films, in particular, the magic wands that Harry and co use throughout the Saga. They went a bit above a typical wand though, using a pressure sensor alongside a fan, buzzer, and bar graph to make their wand light up...
- littleBits Death Eater Skull!
Remote Controls are magical enough to recreate this awesome Death Eater Skull. You can switch it on from across the room and make it glow an evil green! Jake and Nathan built this invention at a littleBits Workshop down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. At first, they tweaked an RGB LED Bit to be the perfect green and after some additions and problem solving they ended up with this remotely controlled Skull lamp. Just a...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade