Meet Mr. Roboto! He’s an Arduino-compatible development board designed to be used as a teaching tool for Arduino programming. All of the surface mount components come pre-soldered so a few minutes of simple through-hole soldering is all it takes to get him up and running. After the kit is put together, the on board sensors, buzzer and LCD screen make an excellent platform for learning how to write code for physical computing.
Mr. Roboto’s “hair” is an FTDI programming header. Simply connect an FTDI breakout board and select “Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (5V, 16MHz) w/ ATMega328” under the boards menu in Arduino 1.0. Below, you’ll find an archive of well-commented educational example sketches and an accompanying “readme” file describing what each one does in order of complexity. This board, combined with the example code which you can download below, is a great way to introduce students (or yourself) to physical computing and get started writing code. Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto!
We’ve made a minor change to the hardware, the new version has a new voltage regulator. This doesn’t change the way the kit works, though, no worries.
- ATMega328 running at 16MHz, Arduino compatible!
- On-Board Light and Temperature Sensors
- Piezo Buzzer and LCD Screen Provide Feedback
- Powered by 2 Included AA batteries
- Surface-Mount Components are Already Soldered
- Mr. Roboto PCB with Surface-Mount Components
- 1 x Mini LCD Screen
- 1 x 6-Pin Right-Angle Header
- 1 x 16-Pin Straight Header
- 2 x Super Bright Red LEDs
- 2 x 1kOhm Resistors
- 1 x Miniature Photocell
- 1 x TMP36 Temperature Sensor
- 1 x Piezo Speaker
- 1 x 2-Pin JST Connector
- 2 x AA Batteries
- 1 x AA Bat tery Holder with Power Switch
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.