VS1103b is a single-chip MIDI/ADPCM/WAV audio decoder and ADPCM encoder that can handle up to three simultaneous audio streams. It can also act as a MIDI synthesizer. VS1103B contains a high-performance, proprietary low-power DSP processor core VS DSP4, working data memory, 5 KiB instruction RAM and 0.5 KiB data RAM for user applications, serial control and input data interfaces, 4 general purpose I/O pins, an UART, as well as a high-quality variable-sample-rate mono ADC and stereo DAC, followed by an earphone amp and a common buffer.
VS1103b receives its input bitstreams through serial input buses, which it listens to as a system slave. The input streams are decoded and passed through digital volume controls to an 18-bit oversampling, multi-bit, sigma-delta DAC. Decoding is controlled via a serial control bus. In addition to basic decoding, it is possible to add application specific features, like DSP effects, to user RAM memory.
Also available in a SOIC-28 pin package.
- Mixes three audio sources: General MIDI 1+ / SP-MIDI, WAV (PCM + IMA ADPCM), Microphone or line input
- Encodes IMA ADPCM from microphone, line input or mixed output
- Input streams can use different sample rates
- EarSpeaker Spatial Processing
- Bass and treble controls
- Operates with a single 12 to 13 MHz clock
- Internal PLL clock multiplier
- Low-power operation
- High-quality on-chip stereo DAC with no phase error between channels
- Stereo earphone driver capable of driving a 30Ω load
- Separate operating voltages for analog, digital and I/O
- 5.5 KiB On-chip RAM for user code / data
- Serial control and data interfaces
- Can be used as a slave co-processor
- SPI boot for special applications
- UART for debugging purposes
- New functions may be added with software and 4 GPIO pins
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade