VS1103b is a single-chip MIDI/ADPCM/WAV audio decoder and ADPCM encoder that can handle up to three simultaneous audio streams. It can also act as a MIDI synthesizer. VS1103B contains a high-performance, proprietary low-power DSP processor core VS DSP4, working data memory, 5 KiB instruction RAM and 0.5 KiB data RAM for user applications, serial control and input data interfaces, 4 general purpose I/O pins, an UART, as well as a high-quality variable-sample-rate mono ADC and stereo DAC, followed by an earphone amp and a common buffer.
VS1103b receives its input bitstreams through serial input buses, which it listens to as a system slave. The input streams are decoded and passed through digital volume controls to an 18-bit oversampling, multi-bit, sigma-delta DAC. Decoding is controlled via a serial control bus. In addition to basic decoding, it is possible to add application specific features, like DSP effects, to user RAM memory.
Also available in a SOIC-28 pin package.
- Mixes three audio sources: General MIDI 1+ / SP-MIDI, WAV (PCM + IMA ADPCM), Microphone or line input
- Encodes IMA ADPCM from microphone, line input or mixed output
- Input streams can use different sample rates
- EarSpeaker Spatial Processing
- Bass and treble controls
- Operates with a single 12 to 13 MHz clock
- Internal PLL clock multiplier
- Low-power operation
- High-quality on-chip stereo DAC with no phase error between channels
- Stereo earphone driver capable of driving a 30Ω load
- Separate operating voltages for analog, digital and I/O
- 5.5 KiB On-chip RAM for user code / data
- Serial control and data interfaces
- Can be used as a slave co-processor
- SPI boot for special applications
- UART for debugging purposes
- New functions may be added with software and 4 GPIO pins
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.