Sometimes a simple analog control device can be the perfect tactile solution for your project, but they can be surprisingly hard to come by. Luckily Adafruit have got a low cost, quality Mini 2-Axis Analog Thumbstick to fulfill your directional analog input needs!
This is a small joystick with a black rocker cap, similar to the PSP joysticks. The joystick is a 'self-centering' analog-type. It is comprised of two 10KΩ potentiometers, one for up / down and another for left / right.
You can solder the potentiometer pins onto a custom breakout board if you so choose. They also offer Adafruit's own Analog Mini Thumbstick PCB which will pair great with this little guy.
When fully assembled and functioning, the voltage will follow the motion of the thumbstick as it is moved around. When you release the thumbstick it will center itself. Great for robotics and other control interfaces!
Note: Breakout PCB is not included.
Product Dimensions: 17.5mm x 17.4mm x 12.0mm / 0.7" x 0.7" x 0.5"
Product Weight: 2.1g / 0.1oz
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.