Micro:bit "GO" by BBC is the same micro:bit board everyone loves, bundled up with a few of the core essentials to get started. This kit includes a JST-PH 2 x AAA battery pack, 2 x AAA batteries and a Micro USB cable. This means you have all the accessories you need to get started coding your micro:bit for the first time, and you will be able to power your project on the GO!
The easiest way to program micro:bit is via the Micro USB cable and onboard connector, however, it's worth noting that micro:bit have also developed a mobile app for coding over Bluetooth (yep, that's without a USB Cable).
Tech and Specs
- The "GO" pack includes the micro:bit board as well as a micro USB cable, a battery holder and 2 x AA batteries.
- The main processor on board the micro:bit is the Nordic nRF51822 (16MHz,32-Bit ARM Cortex-M0 CPU)
- It has 256 KB of Flash, and 16 KB of RAM
- On the rear side of the micro:bit there are 25 Addressable red LEDs, arranged in a 5x5 LED Array
- A BLE Smart Antenna runs across the top of the board
- There is also a Light, Compass, Accelerometer and Temperature Sensors built in to the board, accessible via coding the board
- There are also two programmable push buttons
- A reset button
- A status LED
- Three Digital/Analog Input/Output Ring connectors on edge of board
- 2 Power Rings (3.3V and GND)
- A 23-pin Edge Connector
- MicroUSB Connector
- JST-PH Battery Connection (matches with Battery Pack in the "Go" Pack)
- Dimensions of board: 43mm x 52mm
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.