Micro:bit "GO" by BBC is the same micro:bit board everyone loves, bundled up with a few of the core essentials to get started. This kit includes a JST-PH 2 x AAA battery pack, 2 x AAA batteries and a Micro USB cable. This means you have all the accessories you need to get started coding your micro:bit for the first time, and you will be able to power your project on the GO!
The easiest way to program micro:bit is via the Micro USB cable and onboard connector, however, it's worth noting that micro:bit have also developed a mobile app for coding over Bluetooth (yep, that's without a USB Cable).
Tech and Specs
- The "GO" pack includes the micro:bit board as well as a micro USB cable, a battery holder and 2 x AAA batteries.
- The main processor on board the micro:bit is the Nordic nRF51822 (16MHz,32-Bit ARM Cortex-M0 CPU)
- It has 256 KB of Flash, and 16 KB of RAM
- On the rear side of the micro:bit there are 25 Addressable red LEDs, arranged in a 5x5 LED Array
- A BLE Smart Antenna runs across the top of the board
- There is also a Light, Compass, Accelerometer and Temperature Sensors built in to the board, accessible via coding the board
- There are also two programmable push buttons
- A reset button
- A status LED
- Three Digital/Analog Input/Output Ring connectors on edge of board
- 2 Power Rings (3.3V and GND)
- A 23-pin Edge Connector
- MicroUSB Connector
- JST-PH Battery Connection (matches with Battery Pack in the "Go" Pack)
- Dimensions of board: 43mm x 52mm
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- micro:bit in the classroom
Check out our Getting started with micro:bit video if you'd like to see a quick tutorial on writing a program, start-to-finish, with a micro:bit. In a Nutshell The micro:bit is a versatile and classroom-friendly, programmable electronics b...
- Getting Started with micro:bit
Check out our micro:bit in the classroom video if you'd like to see how micro:bit integrates into classrooms, years 7-12. After a quick review of the hardware, we'll fire up a micro:bit and write our first program. All you'll need for this tu...
- Micro:bit Soil Moisture Sensor
The Micro:bit is great for small portable projects like a soil moisture sensor. In this tutorial, we will walk through how to program a Micro:bit to make a reliable and consistent soil moisture sensor that will give consistent readings. The goal of t...
- Infinity Mirror Kit V2 - Assembly and Tutorials
The Infinity Mirror Kit V2 is a desktop display that creates a dazzling optical illusion - a tunnel of light that tears through space! The Infinity Mirror Kit V2 entered production in October 2018, and now ships with an Adafruit Trinket to...
- Data Logging with the Micro:bit and OpenLog
The Micro:bit by BBC is a great data collection tool, it just needs a little help remembering what it has measured! This tutorial is made for those Micro:bit projects where transmitting your sensor data over radio or Bluetooth to a computer just won&...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.