This is a simple microphone preamplifier circuit for a wide range of microphone types, with good pre-amplification to attach to your larger stereo amplifier. This circuit is suitable for use with normal stereo amplifier line/CD/aux/tape inputs. The microphone preamplifier works great with guitar pickups, piezo disks, and can take both dynamic and electret microphone inputs (preamplifier provides power for electret microphone elements). This is a simple, easy to build circuit that is flexible and very handy when working with microphones and amplifiers.
Board does not come assembled. You will need to purchase the components separately, check the related items at the bottom of the page for available components. Also, reference the schematic for the BOM.
- Very simple one transistor circuit
- Amplification 35 dB, flat frequency response from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Low distortion but certainly not studio quality
- Interface dynamic or electret microphone to a line level audio input in HIFI amplifier or computer soundcard
- Power supply: 9V battery, takes less than 10 mA current
- No special protection circuits used
- No special electrical safety considerations
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.