Shape Memory metals that were developed by NASA for the space industry, and have been used for increasing applications down on earth. For example,there have been limited studies on using these materials in robotics. They make it possible to create very light robots.
The Miga Analog Driver V5 (MAD-V5) is a MOSFET switch designed to safely power the MigaOne, Dash4, MOBI, NM706-Super, and NM70R-6P shape memory alloy actuators across a wide range of speeds or input voltages. The MAD-V5 allows either push-button control, or external GATE or CNTL signals (from 2.5 - 30V) to switch power until the actuator end-of-travel limit is reached. The MAD-V5 then cuts power momentarily, preventing overheating of the shape memory elements.
- Bi-directional grill louver mechanism
- Fuel tank door release mechanism
- Trunk, glove compartment release mechanism
- Memory card ejector
- Electronic latch release
- Security doors and locks
- Biometric sensor assist
- Grasping device
- Undersea Core Sampling Robot
- Point Of Use sale items
- Latch release for ROVs
- Pneumatic actuator replacement
- Working voltage: 5~30v
- Hardware interface: 3p pin header x2
- Vin: +5 to 30v
- GND: Power & Actuator Ground
- GATE: 3v to 30v PWM, Digital CTRL
- Vout: MOSFET-switched Vin
- SW: Actuator End Switch Detection
- safely power the MigaOne, Dash4, MOBI, NM706-Super, and NM70R-6P shape memory alloy actuators
- Size:30x10mm (1.18x0.39")
- Miga Analog Driver V5 (MAD-V5) x1
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.