Make your project stand up to serious abuse with an otterbox, a true waterproof drybox that is also tough enough to get run over. Made of clear polycarbonate, you'll be able to keep an eye on any indicator LEDs. Adafruit have these in 3 sizes: small (#1000), medium (#2000) and large (#3000). They're ideal for projects with wireless components like GPS loggers, GPRS/GSM cellular or xbee but can also act as a portable "pack & hack" project box.
Comes with a lanyard and there are slots on the side for strapping the box onto something. Its a tough box so it will be hard to drill into it.
The OtterBox 2000 has been discontinued and replaced with the "Pursuits 40" which seems pretty much the same size but has a rubber grip on the inside and more attachment slots.
Medium Waterproof OtterBox (13:10)
- Waterproof, crushproof & watertight
- Perfect for protecting your electronic project indoors and outdoors
- Patented drybox, designed to handle full submersions - up to 100 ft
- Exterior Dimensions: 2.05" H x 4.75" W x 6.95" D
- Holds a rectangular volume of: 1.00" H x 2.875"W x 5.50"D
- Approximate total internal volume: 30 cu. in.
- Weight: 9.8 oz (280 g)
- Clear (stickers are removable
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.