The mbed boards are a series of ARM microcontroller development boards designed for rapid prototyping and this is breakout makes it easy to get up and running with your mbed LPC1768 module. The new application board has been designed to enable the maximum number of potential experiments and projects, with the minimum footprint. And this thing is small.
This credit-card sized breakout board makes it easy to plug in to a whole bunch of peripherals. Simply pop an LPC1768 mbed module into the socket and you’ve got access to a 128x32 graphic lcd, 5-way joystick, MEMS accelerometer, temperature sensor and more! There are headers on either side of the mbed module socket as well so you can jumper off to breadboards and other off-board components.
The silkscreen on the back of the board helpfully lists every device on-board and which pins they’re connected to, which makes it easy to get your project working if you don’t happen to have the reference manual in front of you.
If you’re interested in exploring the capabilities of the mbed LPC1768 module, this is an easy way to hook into a lot of different applications.
Note: This is a breakout board only, you’ll need an LPC1768 module to drive it. If you don’t have one, check the related items below!
- Double-row header for an LPC1768 mbed module
- 128 x 32 graphics backlit LCD, SPI interface
- 3-axis accelerometer, +/- 1.5g, I²C interface
- Temperature sensor, I²C interface
- 5-way navigation switch (Thumb joystick)
- 2 x Potentiometers (Analogue In)
- RGB LED, (PWM out)
- Miniature loudspeaker, (PWM out)
- Socket headers for Xbee Zigbee module or RN-XV WiFi module
- 2 x 3.5mm audio jack (Analogue In/Out)
- 2 x standard R/C servo motor headers, (PWM out)
- Mini-USB connector (keyboard, mouse, MIDI)
- USB-A connector (Flash drive, Bluetooth)
- USB Host/Device select switch
- RJ-45 Ethernet connector
- 1.3mm 6-9VDC jack socket (Powering USB-A and Servo headers)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.