Me Gas Sensor includes a smoke sensor of type MQ2 which has good repeatability, long-term stability, short response time, and durable working performance. It is often used as a gas leakage monitoring device in family and factory, and suitable for detecting Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), butane, propane, methane, alcohol, hydrogen, smoke, etc. Its black ID means that it has an analog port and needs to be connected to the port with black ID on Makeblock Orion.
- White area of this module is the reference area to contact metal beams;
- Provide adjustable resistor to adjust sensitivity
- Preheat for a while before use to keep it warm after preheating;
- Blue indicator will light on when a certain amount of flammable gas is accumulated and detected;
- Provide output port for digital and analog signal;
- Support mBlock GUI programming, and applicable to users of all ages;
- Adopt RJ25 port for easy connection;
- Provide pin-type of port to support most development boards including Arduino series.
- Operating voltage: 5.0V ± 0.1 V;
- Heating voltage: 5.0V ± 0.1 V;
- Heating resistor: 33Ω ± 5% (at room temperature);
- Heating power: <800mw;
- Warm up time: >24h;
- Detection range: 100-10000 ppm;
- Test temperature: 20 ± 2℃ (at standard condition);
- Operating temperature: -20℃~50℃ / -4℉~122℉;
- Relative humidity: < 95%RH;
- Oxygen concentration: 21% (at standard condition)
- Module dimension: 51 x 24 x 18mm (L x W x H)
Height/Width/Length: 51 x 24 x 18mm (2 x 1 x 0.7inch)
1 x Me Gas Sensor
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.