The Base Inventor Kit from littleBits includes everything creative kids need to turn their ideas into inventions! With a range of Bits that move, light up, and make noise, kids gain STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Mathematics) skills by learning how technology is built. Over 12 activities in the free Inventor App guide kids through building fun inventions, like a voice-activated robotic gripper arm or a room-protecting intruder alarm. Then kids are challenged to create their own inventions to improve their room, help their community, or save the world. Through hands-on play, kids gain lifelong skills to become changemakers through invention. Product features include in-app instructions for over 12 activities, tech sensors, paper templates, mounting boards, LED light, motor, stickers, free Inventor App, and battery.
- Free Inventor App: over 12 activities with step-by-step instructions and tutorials that guide kids through building and customizing fun inventions to improve their rooms, help their communities, or save the world.
- Customizable inventions: fun activities help kids unleash their creativity by customizing their inventions or creating their own.
- Modular system: all littleBits electronic blocks (even in other kits!) can be combined and reconfigured to create brand-new inventions.
- Smart device required for video instructions: Inventor App requires either iPhone (iOS 10.0 or later) or Android (5.0 or later) is required. Amazon devices are not compatible at this time.
- Weight: 0.8 kg
- Ages: 8+
- Height: 76.2mm
- Width: 190.5mm
- Length: 308.86mm
4 Inventions + more online and on the app
- Environment Challenges
- Stuff Protector
- 1x Power
- 1x Slide dimmer
- 1x Sound trigger
- 1x Proximity sensor
- 1x Long LED
- 1x Buzzer
- 1x Servo
- 2x Wire
- 1x Latch
- 1x Battery + cable
- 2x Mounting Board
- 1x Mechanical Arm
- 9x Paper Templates
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Our littleBits Gizmos and Gadgets Kit (2nd Edition) Review
The new Gizmos and Gadgets revision 2.0 from littleBits is here and we've decided to review the kit for any budding inventors (or inventor's parents) out there. The v1.0 kit was impressive enough, we were interested to see what littleBits could have ...
- Our littleBits Rule Your Room Kit Review
"Yes, I would recommend this a friend." That's the verdict of 90% of people who pick up the Rule your Room Kit from littleBits. We love it so much, we're most definitely recommending it to you and your family. But you don't need to take our word f...
- What is the better tech, innoBits or littleBits?
We get a lot of interest from parents and educators surrounding littleBits and innobits. Especially the difference between the two products. Both are magnetically connected electronic building blocks. Both products empower people to invent and create...
- LittleBits Community & the Workshop Set
LittleBits have launched a global network of organizations to share and spread the word of littleBits. It's all to put the power of electronics in the hands of everyone. The 'chapters' are simply locations such as maker spaces and libraries, all arou...
- The One Wand to rule them all!
Wands are cool, right? That's what Trinity, Adele, and April were thinking of our recent littleBits Workshop, down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. Their inspiration for this project came straight from the films, in particular, the magic wands that Harry and co use throughout the Saga. They went a bit above a typical wand though, using a pressure sensor alongside a fan, buzzer, and bar graph to make their wand light up...
- littleBits Death Eater Skull!
Remote Controls are magical enough to recreate this awesome Death Eater Skull. You can switch it on from across the room and make it glow an evil green! Jake and Nathan built this invention at a littleBits Workshop down at the Core Electronics Knowledge Factory. At first, they tweaked an RGB LED Bit to be the perfect green and after some additions and problem solving they ended up with this remotely controlled Skull lamp. Just a...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.