The LilyPad Sewable Electronics Kit lets you explore the wonderful world of electronic sewing (e-sewing) and e-textiles through a series of introductory projects using the LilyPad system. You’ll learn how to sew basic circuits to light up LEDs, control them with buttons and switches and even experiment with a pre-programmed LilyMini circuit that reacts to ambient light levels. In addition to LilyPad LEDs and battery holders, the kit comes with two LilyPad ProtoSnap boards that let you explore the circuit before you sew the pieces into a project.
The full-color LilyPad Sewable Electronics Kit Guide (included) contains step-by-step instructions for using LilyPad pieces to create four complete sewable circuit projects with conductive thread. Easy-to-follow diagrams and troubleshooting tips make this a great introductory resource for crafters and creatives.
LilyPad is a wearable technology developed by Dr. Leah Buechley and cooperatively designed by Dr. Buechley and SparkFun. Each LilyPad component was creatively constructed with large sew tabs to allow for stitching into clothing. Various input, output, power and sensor boards are available. They’re even washable!
Note: A portion of this sale is given back to Dr. Buechley for continued development and education in e-textiles.
Sewable Electronics Projects:
- Project 1: Glowing Pin
- Project 2: Illuminated Mask
- Project 3: Light-Up Plush
- Project 4: Night-Light Pennant
- 1x LilyPad Parts Box
- 4x Felt Sheet - 9" x 12"
- 4x Felt Sheet - 9" x 6"
- 1x Pin Back
- 1x Elastic Cord - 12"
- 1x White Embroidery Thread
- 1x White Sewing Thread
- 1x Fiberfill Stuffing
- 1x Needle Set
- 2x Conductive Thread Bobbin - 30' (Stainless Steel)
- 2x Coin Cell Battery - 20mm (CR2032)
- 1x E-Sewing ProtoSnap
- 1x LilyMini ProtoSnap
- 2x LilyPad Rainbow Led Strip
- 2x LilyPad Coin Cell Battery Holder - Switched - 20mm
- 4x Printed Project Templates
- 1x LilyPad Sewable Electronics Kit Guide
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.