The Lightblue Bean is Arduino IDE compatible! It also supports the Bean iOS Loader to program it with your iOS device. All you need is a 3.3V coin cell battery. It is ideal for long-term sensor or data logger applications. An RGB LED and an accelerometer have also been integrated.
Note: the Bean is compatible with iOS 7 and above, Android 4.3 and above, Mac OSX 10.9 and above and Windows 8.1, but is NOT supported by Windows 7!
- Arduino Compatible
- 8 GPIO pins
- Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE)
- Supports wireless programming
- 3-axis accelerometer
- Temperature sensor
- RGB LED
- CR2032 coin cell battery
- ATmega328p microcontroller @ 8 MHz
- 3V operating voltage
- 32KB Flash memory, 2KB SRAM
- 6 digital I/O pins
- 2 analog input pins on a 10-bit ADC
- 4 pins with PWM support
- 1 SPI port
- 1 IIC port
- Dimensions: 1.8" x 0.8" / 45 * 21 mm
- Weight: 12g
- LightBlue Bean (Batteries included) x1
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Choose a Bluetooth Module For Your Project
Alright, so we know that Bluetooth is awesome, and if you don’t, take a read of our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial. But how exactly do we go about implementing Bluetooth communication in our projects? Well, fortunately for us, there are Blu...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.