You have some frickin' sharks at your lair, and you're thinking "it would be really great if I could attach some lasers to them" and then you see these little laser diode modules: what great timing! These encapsulated laser diodes are Class IIIa 5mW, with a 650nm red wavelength. They can be driven from 2.8V to 5.2V so they're great for your embedded electronics project. You can use these for laser harps, electronic 'trip wires', laser-vision guidance, and more! Simply connect power to the red and black wires and you will be lasing in no time.
Please note: this is not a laser pointer. It's a diode with integrated driver. You still need a 3 to 5VDC power supply. These diodes are 5mW output, and have a safety label marked on them. For more information on laser safety and ratings check out the Wikipedia page
- Weight: 6.3g
- Diameter: 10mm / 0.4"
- Length: 31mm / 1.2"
- Wire length: at least 100mm / 3.9"
- 650nm wavelength
- 2.8 - 5.2V DC voltage input
- 25mA max current draw
- Operating temperature -10°C to 40°C;
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.