The Sentrius by Laird is a LoRaWAN gateway that has proven itself in Smart City Projects around Newcastle and has become our go-to gateway device. It seamlessly bridges LoRaWAN with either Ethernet or WiFi for internet connectivity and performs very well for both indoor and outdoor use. Fully compatible with AU915 & AS923 LoRa regions.
We have deployed several Sentrius Gateways around Newcastle and they have serviced millions of LoRaWAN packets without missing a beat. As end users of Laird hardware, we're here to help with setup if need be as well, though it's very easy.
This is a full-fledged LoRaWAN gateway, which means it will operate across all 8 channels and complies with the whole LoRaWAN specification. Fast boot times, one-click firmware updates and minimal fuss setup.
- Full 8-Channel LoRaWAN support with up to +27dBm max transmit power (20+km line of sight)
- Simple internet Ethernet/WiFi bridging for LoRaWAN
- Multiple interfaces such as LoRaWAN, 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, and Ethernet
- One-click firmware updates
- Industrial temperature range (-30º to 70º C, 85ºC without the external power supply)
- Secure web-based configuration
- Enterprise-grade security built on Laird’s years of experience in wireless
- LoRa Network Server pre-sets – The Things Network, Loriot, Stream and Senet
- 12V 1A Power. AU Power plug included
We have outdoor antenna options for maximum range and are well suited for Australia's climate.
- When configuring for AU915 or AS923, from within the Sentrius LoRa setup choose "The Things Network - US" and on the following page paste your gateway information as provided from TTN console. When the gateway connects to TTN, it downloads the channel plan and will operate as expected for AU915 / AS923
- Note: the gateway local settings will always show "The Things Network - US" though will operate with region settings configured within your TTN console
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Things Network, IFTTT, and BEYOND!
Connecting your Pycom Lopy4 or another LoRaWAN device to The Things Network is the first step toward fully realized IoT fun! You’ve connected your device to TTN, you’ve decoded your payloads and now you can see all that data right there i...
- Send a Downlink from Adafruit.io via The Things Network
Any good LoRaWAN device can send data up to the cloud, but now its time to send data back down to the device. TTN Fair Access Policy limits the data each device can send. A TTN device can use 30 seconds of uplink time per day, per device. At most, yo...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.