The iMAX-B6AC is a highly versatile, rapid battery charger, discharger, and balancer. It works with NiMH, NiCd, Pb, LiPo, Li-ion, and LiFe batteries, and features an internal independent lithium battery balancer that allows for balance charging and discharging of 2–6 cells. The B6AC has an integrated power adapter that accepts 100–240 VAC (50–60 Hz), which makes it compatible with all standard international mains voltages and frequencies, though the included power cable has a three-prong, US-style plug. Alternatively, it can be powered from an 11–18 VDC input (e.g. from a bench-top power supply or a car battery). The charger ships with input power cables, multiple battery connection cables, and a printed instruction manual.
- Accepts AC input from 100-240 V (50–60 Hz) or DC input from 11–18 V
- Charges 2–20 V Pb batteries
- Charges 1–15 NiMH or NiCd cells
- Charges 1–6 LiPo, Li-ion, or LiFe cells
- Integrated independent lithium battery balancer for 2–6 cells
- Fast charge and storage mode for lithium batteries
- Charge current range from 0.1–5.0 A (50 W max)
- Discharge current range from 0.1–1.0 A (5 W max)
- Delta-peak sensitivity (automatic charge termination using delta-peak voltage detection)
- Input power monitor to prevent damage to a car battery when charging in the field
- Charge-current limiting (NiMH, NiCd)
- Stores up to five user-created program settings
- Cyclic charging/discharging
- Temperature monitoring (requires an external temperature probe in this kit)
- 16×2 character LCD display
For a detailed list of features and information about using the charger, please read through the iMAX-B6AC instruction manual (4MB pdf) (a printed version of this manual is included with the charger).
|Battery connector options included with the iMAX-B6AC.|
- iMAX-B6AC professional balance charger/discharger with built-in AC adapter (~145 × 135 × 35 mm and ~570 g)
- AC input power adapter cable with three-prong, US-style plug
- DC input power cable – barrel jack to alligator clips
- Output charge cable – 4 mm banana plugs to a male T connector
- Various battery connection cables – female T connector to:
- Printed instruction manual
Note: There are a number of counterfeit iMAX-B6AC chargers on the market that look almost identical to the real unit but are typically unreliable and inferior. Pololu worked hard to ensure that the chargers we carry are genuine. They include a holographic label with a scratch-and-reveal 16-digit security code that can be entered on the SKYRC web site to check the authenticity of the unit.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.