Say hello to your new little friend – it might just say "hello" back!
Have some fun and code your very own AI robot with TJBot, a do-it-yourself template to learn, experiment, and explore AI with IBM Watson. The project consists of open-source step-by-step recipes, or coding instructions, designed for a Raspberry PI to help you connect your TJBot to Watson developer services.
Want to chat with TJBot or teach it to dance? TJBot uses a Raspberry Pi to connect to Watson Services and control various hardware components. Use featured TJBot recipes on Github and Instructables or create your own new recipes and share them with the world.
TJBot is an example of ‘embodied cognition’ – the idea of embedding artificial intelligence into objects in Adafruit's everyday lives. While in this case IBM is putting Watson technologies into a cardboard cutout, imagine these types of capabilities in your walls, in your furniture or in objects in your home.
- Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
- Raspberry Pi Camera Board v2
- Micro Servo
- Mini USB Microphone
- Mini External USB Stereo Speaker
- Female/Female Jumper Wires - 20 x 3"
- Female/Male 'Extension' Jumper Wires - 20 x 3"
- 5V 2.4A Switching Power Supply
- NeoPixel Diffused 8mm Through-Hole LED - 5 Pack
- 16GB Card with NOOBS 2.1
- TJBot Chipboard and frame
- Explore AI with TJBot
- Meet TJBot
- Get and contribute TJBot code on Github
- Follow TJBot recipes on Instructables
Be careful when folding the chipboard in this kit — once the chipboard is folded, its not going to bend the other way, so make sure you're bending in the right direction! If you do end up breaking off one of the pieces, don't worry, you'll just have to get a little crafty and use some tape or glue. For the most durable TJ, Adafruit recommend 3D printing the little guy.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.