Read wireless heart-rate data into your electronics projects in under 10 minutes with this educational experimentation kit for Polar wireless heart rate bands. This pack is designed for students, hobbyists, engineers and artists who want to add biometric interactivity to electronics. This is the easiest way possible to do it! No gel, no probes, no calibration and no clips. Simply strap the band on and detect heartbeats from 4 feet away.
Please note: this pack is designed for students, hobbyists, engineers and artists. It is not a developer pack and is not for use in product development! Polar specifically wants product developers to contact them to license the technology for OEM use so they can make sure the application is appropriate. Please do not purchase this with the assumption that it will guarantee your product's approval.
- Polar T34 Heart Rate Transmitter
- Polar Heart Rate Receiver
- 2xAA battery holder
- Tiny breadboard
- 10mm red LED
- 1K ohm resistor
- header pins
- You will also need a microcontroller (Arduino or similar) to read the logic level from the receiver and blink the LED!)
The Polar T34 Non-Coded Heart Rate Transmitter monitors and then wirelessly transmits your heart rate data from the chest strap to a Polar WearLink+ compatible receiver. This allows the wearer to monitor their heart rate. This transmitter can also be paired with your local gym's exercise equipment if it is Polar WearLink compatible.
- Heart rate sensor wirelessly transmits heart rate data without the need for conductive gel
- Water-resistant up to 30 meters for use in extreme environments
- Battery to last up to 2,500 hours of continuous usage
- Adjustable elastic strap for comfortable yet secure sensing
- Removable and machine washable textile strap keeps your sensor bacteria-free
- Water resistant up to 30 meters
- ECG accuracy
- Up to 2,500 hours of usage
- Non-user replaceable battery
- Adjustable medium size elastic chest strap included (25-54 inches)
- Machine washable and anti-bacterial
The Polar Heart Rate Receiver is designed to receive heart beat signals from compatible Polar heart rate sensors such as the T34. Together, the sensor and receiver provides a low-cost and convenient heart rate monitoring system that can be connected to most any microcontroller.
The Heart Rate Receiver is a stand-alone module, with on-board connections for power (3.3 V to 5 V), ground, and signal. It wirelessly interfaces to a compatible Polar coded or uncoded sensor transmitter. The output pin simply pulses high when a heartbeat is detected.
- Receives heart beat signals from a compatible sensor transmitter
- Indicates a received heartbeat signal using a LOW/HIGH output signal
- Wirelessly interfaces to transmitter with a range of up to four feet
Heart Rate Educational Starter Pack with Polar Wireless Sensors (0:03)
For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Parallax products click here.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- Getting Hands-on with Sensors
What good is a robot if it can’t interact with the environment around it? Sensors are the backbone of almost every electronics project as they allow your program to make decisions based on external stimuli. We’ve got sensors for all kinds...
- IoT Plant Monitor
So, my wife wanted to have some small plants in the house. I didn’t, so we compromised, and got some plants. The only thing is that neither of us remembers to water them, so I wanted to build a sensor array to monitor the moisture content of the soil, and notify us when they needed watering. We’ve got 3 plants, all fairly close to each other, and I wanted to create an IoT project so that it could send an email notifi...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.