- 1 x K028 Coin cell board kit which contains the following:
- 1 x CCB PCB
- 1 x SMT coin cell holder
- 1 x D012 100uf microminature capacitor
- 2 x D015 10 way 2mm socket header
Additional parts for this specific item:
- 1 x P015 Coin cell (2032 size)
- 1 x P001 Matching ABS box
- 1 x D037 Hall effect detector (warning, very small SOT 23 part, for less experienced solderists try the reed switch)
General Description of the coin cell board
What everyone has been waiting for. A development base kit for many different types of sensors. The kit when utilised with an XRF radio module (not included, but available at our store) and appropriate firmware (cost free) turns the two into an immediate wireless sensor. When used with the Ciseco USB dongle, PC connected XRF or the Ciseco OpenKontrol Gateway you can publish data to and from other networks including the Internet. There are more and more "cloud" based providers of control, logging, data analysis (see bottom of page).
Note that in order to use a XRF radio module with a sensor, its personality needs to be changed by applying new firmware. This is free to download from here, but you will need a serial connection such as our FTDI Interface or similar to reprogram it.
- Each pin of the XRF is broken out onto the outer edge for easy access and development.
- The board fits into our small ABS box giving an instantly deployable development device.
- For permanently powered "poll-able" devices there are 2 pads to supply GND & 2-3.6v to, you'll need around 35ma max.
- For cyclic sleeping devices that wake every so often then sleep again, use a coin cell (CR2032) coin cell product. We predict you will get well over a million transmissions (LLAP)
By adding just a component or two it can be:
- Temperature sensor - Add 10K resistor and 10K thermistor
- Temperature sensor - Add 4K7 resistor and Dallas DS18B20 sensor
- Light sensor - Add 10K resistor and 10K Light Dependant resistor
- Generic ADC - Add nothing
- 2 Button switch "key fob" - Add 2 switches
- Dry contact - Add nothing (use switch contacts)
- Magnet detect - Add sensor hall effect sensor
- Counter - Add EEPROM/FRAM
USES - Just a few ideas
- Security (PIR, switches, reed switches, dry contacts, tilt switches, vibration)
- Alert and alarm (Opto sensing, tilt, vibration, microswitch, halt buttons)
- Residential (Keyfobs, garage openers, window, temperature, humidity, light)
- Automotive (RPM, analog and digital reading)
- Healthcare (temperature, fall detection, positive confirmation of life, panic buttons, remote control)
- Weather (counting of wind speed, rainfall, temperature, humidity, dew point, wind direction)
- Children (toys, monitoring, locating)
- Pets (Cat/dog flap entry, locating)
These providers may need some code to change the simple LLAP messages into a format that they accept. Contact them to find out how our equipment can be used on thier service.
Amee, ThingSpeak, Patchube, SensorLogic, Arkessa, iDigi, Nimbits, Axeda, iobridge, AirVantage, paraimpu, Bugswarm, Evrythng, SEN.SE, Isidorey, HP Cense, Sensinode, One Platform, ProxPlatform, SensorCloud, Thingworx, Yaler
If we have missed you, email us and we'll add your company
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.