The LS20031 GPS receiver is a complete GPS smart antenna receiver, that includes an embedded antenna and GPS receiver circuits. This low-cost unit outputs an astounding amount of position information 5 times a second. The receiver is based on the proven technology found in LOCOSYS 66 channel GPS SMD type receivers that use MediaTek chip solution.
The GPS smart antenna will track up to 66 satellites at a time while providing fast time-to-first-fix, one-second navigation update and low power consumption. It can provide you with superior sensitivity and performace even in urban canyon and dense foliage environments. The capabilities meet the sensitivity requirements of car navigation as a well as other location-based applications.
Not sure which GPS module is right for you? Check out our GPS Buying Guide!
Note: The datasheet for this unit states that the update rate is configurable up to 10Hz but we’ve found that it is most reliable at the default rate of 5Hz.
Note: The new version of this module uses the MT3339 MTK chipset.
Note: Unit does not contain a connector, however there are 5 bare pads you can solder to. Check out our tutorial on how to solder a right-angle 5-pin header to the pads. It’s easier than you might think.
Note: Hacking makes the world go ‘round, but be careful if you decide to flash some 3rd party firmware to this module because we cannot get the original for you. If 3rd party firmware breaks your device, according to the manufacturer, you’re on your own!
- MediaTek MT3339 solution
- 5Hz output
- 57600bps TTL serial interface
- 3.3V @ 41mA
- 66 Channel GPS
- Fast TTFF at low signal level
- Up to 10Hz update rate
- Capable of SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS)
- Built-in micro battery to preserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
- LED indicator for fix or no fix
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.