Ethernet Shields generally come with stackable headers fitted, but the big problem is that because the RJ45 jack is so high it's not possible to stack another shield on top without jamming it on at a strange angle. That's really annoying if you want to build a project that includes both Ethernet and your own parts, because you can't put a regular prototyping shield on top.
So we fixed the problem: we designed a special prototyping shield that's short enough to fit onto an Ethernet Shield (or our EtherTen) with clearance behind the Ethernet jack.
- Left end profile fits around large Arduino connectors such as an Ethernet jack
- Gold plated PCB: solders easily and very resistant to corrosion
- Top and bottom overlay
- Mounting pads for "reset" button wired through to Arduino reset line
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area
- Sexy rounded corners
Note that the ProtoShield Short comes without any extra parts at all: no headers, no reset button. Just a bare PCB, ready for you to fit whatever headers and other parts you happen to have handy.
- "Fitting ProtoShield Basic Parts" tutorial
- "Soldering Arduino Shield Headers" tutorial
- Schematic / Project Worksheet (PDF)
- ProtoShield Short design files
- PSS (0)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.