Want to communicate with your Arduino wirelessly? Don't want the complication of WiFi? Our Bluetooth Shield plugs right in and lets you send and receive data and commands from your sketches. You don't even need to do anything fancy in your sketches, because the Bluetooth link acts as a serial port: you just pair it with your computer, then you can simply use "Serial.read()" and "Serial.write()" as normal!
Please note that this shield is not compatible with iOS devices as they don't support the SPP (Serial protocol over Bluetooth).
- Can operate as Bluetooth master or slave
- Appears as a serial port on your Mac, Windows, or Linux computer
- Selectable pin assignment: use with either hardware serial or software serial
- Supported baud rates: 9600, 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200, 230400, 460800
- Default baud rate: 9600bps
- Default password: 1234
- Can be reconfigured using AT commands
- Compatible with both 3.3V and 5V Arduino boards (level shifters included)
- Frequency: 2.4GHz ISM band
- Power supply: 3.3Vdc 50mA
- BTSH (53)
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Choose a Bluetooth Module For Your Project
Alright, so we know that Bluetooth is awesome, and if you don’t, take a read of our Introduction to Bluetooth tutorial. But how exactly do we go about implementing Bluetooth communication in our projects? Well, fortunately for us, there are Blu...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.