Huge 8mm RGB (Red Green Blue) LEDs in a 4-pin package with a common anode connection. Great for building colourful displays or status indicators that change colour!
The "anode" is the positive side of the LED, so having a common anode means you can connect the anode pin to the positive power rail and then switch on the individual RGB elements by connecting their pins to 0V (GND) using current limiting resistors. Using PWM pins on your Arduino you can then blend the red, green and blue colours together to create any colour you like.
Note: These are not the same as the LEDs used in the RGB Cube kit. The RGB Cube uses "common cathode" LEDs instead.
The pack contains the following items:
- 8 x RGB LEDs (note: common anode)
- Diameter: 8mm
- Body: diffused
- Forward current: 30mA
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.