The FabFM is a stylish FM radio kit that you can build with just basic soldering tools! The PCB is all PTH, meaning that even a beginner solderer can put this kit together with a little time. Simply solder the parts in place and you’re ready to construct your enclosure. The wooden, laser cut frame doesn’t take any tools or glue to put together, each part press-fits into another!
Once you’ve put everything together, you’ll have a fully functioning, old-school style FM radio! The controls are simple: One knob controls the volume of the radio and the other controls the tuning. The controlling firmware is written in Arduino and can be easily modified if you want to tweak the settings (for instance, European customers will want to adjust the band settings) making this kit super hackable!
You can even dress things up a little bit by adding some fabric to the enclosure to cover the electronics, or painting/staining the plywood to showcase the electronics! Check out the Wiki below for more information on building, hacking and modifying your FabFM!
Note: This product is a collaboration with David Mellis and Dana Gordon. A portion of each sales goes back to them for product support and continued development.
- Great Beginner’s Soldering Kit with All Through-Hole Construction
- Press Fit Enclosure Doesn’t Require Tools or Glue
- Designed to be Hacked!
- Open-Source Firmware is Written in Arduino
- FTDI Header On-Board for Easy Programming
- Old-School Style!
- Laser-Cut Plywood Enclosure
- FabFM Through-Hole PCB
- Pre-Programmed ATMega328
- Si4703 Breakout Board
- Rotary Encoder
- 2 x Silver Metal Knobs
- ½ Watt 8 ohm Speaker
- 2 x 15k Resistors
- 10 ohm Resistor
- 10k Resistor
- 7 x 0.1uF Capacitors
- 220uF Capacitor
- 2 x 10uF Capacitors
- 100uF Capacitor
- LM1117 Voltage Regulator
- LM386N Audio Amplifier
- 10 x Right Angle Male Headers
- 9V Wall Wart Power Adapter
- DC Barrel Jack Connector
- 20" Wire Antenna
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.