Everything you should have learned in school, but probably didn’t! This book is great for electronics newbies, or if you just need a refresher course. Topics ranging from Ohm’s law to proper usage of an oscilloscope to managing and interacting with employees are covered.
The book approaches all of its topics in a very straight-forward, practical manner, and all the important information is summed up nicely in a “Rules-of-Thumb” section. The information presented in this book will provide a great start towards building or reinforcing your EE knowledge.
We’re carrying this book because the author (Darren Ashby) thinks and writes like we do. He has a large disclaimer in the front of the book, but points out that electronics can be taught to anyone with the right approach. We agree.
A few of the topics covered:
- What is electricity really?
- Ohm’s Law
- Capacitors and Inductors
- Microprocessor Basics
- Power Supplies
- Tools (soldering irons, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Communication Skills
- Author: Darren Ashby
- Publisher: Newnes
- Paperback: 320 pages
- 3rd Edition
- ISBN-10: 0123860016
- ISBN-13: 978-0123860019
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.