Atlas Scientific is on a mission to make high-quality sensors for environmental monitoring available to everyday hackers and makers. All of their kits are easy to calibrate and connect to your microcontroller-based project.
When was the last time you measured something in microsiemens? Well isn’t it about time you did? Siemens are the SI unit for measuring something called conductance which is simply the inverse of an element’s resistance, and it can tell you a lot about a substance! The Atlas Scientific Conductivity Kit comes with everything you need to get your lab-grade embedded conductivity system up and running! The included epoxy/platinum conductivity probe is accurate enough for lab work, but rugged enough for long-term field use.
Simply connect the probe to the conductivity circuit using the included BNC connector breakout, do some quick calibration with the included calibration solutions and you’re ready to measure conductivity, total derived solids (referenced to KCL) and salinity! Salinity values are derived from the Practical Salinity Scale (PSS-78) and more information can be found in the datasheet.
This kit includes the K1.0 conductivity probe and the EZO™ Conductivity Circuit, when combined are accurate from 0.55 µs/cm to 500,000+ µs/cm and is best deployed in brackish water. The included calibration solutions will help you dial this sensor in (it’s really easy, we promise).
If you’ve ever had to test or monitor the conductivity of aquariums, hydroponic gardens, soil samples or strong reducing agents, then you know that building and maintaining an accurate probe system has never been this easy.
- EZO™ Conductivity Circuit
- Platinum Conductivity Sensor (K=1.0)
- 2 x 125ml (4oz) calibration solutions
- Female BNC connector
- BNC connector breakout board
- Conductivity Circuit decal
- Measuring Surface: Platinum black coated platinum
- Body material: Epoxy
- Max Temperature: 0-70 Degrees C
- Max PSI: 1379 kPa (200PSI)
- Conductivity readings +/- 2μs/cm
- Full Conductivity range from 0.55 µs/cm to 500,000+ µs/cm
- Temperature dependent or temperature independent readings
- Total dissolved solids (TDS) referenced to KCL
- Salinity is derived from the Practical Salinity Scale (PSS-78)
- Data output is a comma separated string: μs, TDS, Salinity
- Single reading or continuous reading modes
- Simple RS-232 connectivity (voltage swing 0-5v)
- Simple instruction set consisting of only 6 (not including calibration) commands
- 3.3V - 5V operational voltage
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.