Build your very own Arduino-based portable gaming toy with this kit from Tech Will Save Us!
The DIY Gamer Kit is an Arduino controlled gaming device. Once you solder the whole thing together, you'll have an 8x8 LED matrix display that serves as the device's screen. From there, just easily upload your game's code onto an Arduino (not included) and play! It's a great learning experience with a fun result.
The screen is just a small matrix, so you can't really play Assassin's Creed, but there are a lot of fun old school options you can set up like Snake or Tetris. You can follow some of their tutorials for even more. We set ours up to play a low rez Flappy Bird and had a great time.
To work the DIY Gamer Kit, you need an Arduino R3 and a 9V Battery. Both the Arduino and the 9V Battery are not included! You'll need to upload code to the Arduino so previous Arduino experience or willingness to explore is suggested
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.