Need an easy-to-use but powerful control solution for more industrial-type projects? Get the controller that does exactly what you want in a sturdy, contained package.
Combine Arduino simplicity, ESP8266 WiFi connectivity, and Digital Logger's experience and reliability to customize your own PLC for controlling industrial and robotics projects. Digital Loggers PLDuino is a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) that is based on the ATmega2560 (same chip as an Arduino Mega) and also contains an ESP8266 as well as a 2.4" color TFT touchscreen! If you need to control equipment or robotics, the PLDuino could get you started fast, its great for making and hacking!
All inputs and outputs are protected – that's what Adafruit call some PLC TLC! Get more functionality from this complete, heavy-duty PLC, and eliminate complexity without the hassle of stacks of boards, wires and components.
A simple USB cable connects to your Arduino, so you can load your first program in mere minutes. Or, if you prefer Lua, GNU GCC, or AVR Studio – they're all supported too! Arduino demo code and libraries are free to download – most users are able to find all the functions they need on Github.
The color LCD touchscreen and speaker add an useful human interface, and a separate WiFi chip takes the workload off the main ATnega2560 processor. The I/O is robust and well protected, and you can rest assured – the board is easy to service and modify.
Most PLC users never pop the cover, but if you'd like to explore the innards, go ahead and customize it. The Digital Loggers crew provides you with full schematics and component specs in a packet included with each PLC.
Applications include industrial control, home automation, robotics and SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition). What will you build?
- USB programming
- WiFi with external long range antenna
- Color LCD touch screen and speaker
- Six fused DPST power relay
- Eight protected digital outputs with 500mA open collector drivers
- Eight protected & isolated digital inputs 3-24V AC/DC
- Eight protected 10-bit ADC inputs
- Clock calendar & battery for scheduling
- RS-232 for long distance wired comm
- Micro SD card slot for extra storage
- DIN rail or panel mount
- Full Arduino compatibility
Includes detailed instructions and complete bill of materials.
Product Dimensions: 180.0mm x 100.0mm x 50.0mm / 7.1" x 3.9" x 2.0"
Product Weight: 452.5g / 16.0oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.