You have some frickin' sharks at your lair, and you're thinking "it would be really great if I could attach some lasers to them" and then you see these little laser diode modules: what great timing! These encapsulated laser diodes are Class IIIa 5mW, with a 650nm red wavelength. They can be driven from 2.8V to 5.2V so they're great for your embedded electronics project.
This particular module has a lens attached that will turn the dot into a cross. This makes it particularly good for laser-vision guidance, targeting, and more! Simply connect power to the red and black wires and you will be lasing in no time.
The cross has a beam spread of approximately 60° in both directions. So from a distance of 5cm, the cross is 5cm tall and 5cm wide. The cross ends have a sharp cutoff so the shape is very clearly defined.
Please note: this is not a laser pointer. It's a diode with integrated driver. You still need a 3 to 5VDC power supply. These diodes are 5mW output, and have a safety label marked on them. For more information on laser safety and ratings check out the Wikipedia page
- Weight: 11.85g
- Diameter: 10.11mm
- Length: 32.82mm
- Wire length: 100mm
- 650nm wavelength
- 2.8 - 5.2V DC voltage input
- 25mA max current draw
- Operating temperature -10°C to 40°C;
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $5.78 for Air Mail (3+ days, not tracked)
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.