The Crazyflie 2.0 is a versatile flying development platform that only weights 27g and fits in the palm of your hand. It's advanced functionalities makes it ideal for developers and the Bluetooth LE capabilities makes it easy to fly from mobile devices. With it's small size and weight it's ideal for indoor use, but you can just as easily hover above your house as you can hover under your diningroom table. Designed as a solderless kit, the Crazyflie 2.0 is quickly assembled by attaching the motors to the circuitboard frame and it's ready to fly.
Supporting multiple radio protocols, the Crazyflie 2.0 can be used from a Bluetooth LE enabled mobile device or from a computer using the CrazyradioorCrazyradio PA. While flying from a mobile device works great, the real power of the platform is unlocked by connecting it to a computer using the Python client that's a available for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. This enables you to fully use all the expansion boards, to easily trim flying parameters, graphically log data and set parameters. When connected to a computer, you also get the added benifit of being able to use any gamepad or joystick with at least 4 analog axis for flying. The device can easily be mapped inside the client.
The firmware and software is continously being updated with various improvements and new features added. The platform supports wireless firmware updates via radio and Bluetooth LE, so when a new new firmware is released it's a breeze to update it.
The Crazyflie 2.0 features a 2x10 pin expansion port, where you can connect expansion boards. Either you could use one of the expansion boards, or you could design your own using the Prototype expansion boardor Breakout expansion board. For more information on how the expansion board system works, have a look at the Crazyflie 2.0 buyers guide.
The Crazyflie 2.0 comes as a solderless kit and has to be assembled. Please see below in the Resource section for links for the assembly instructions.
Easy to assemble and no soldering required
Supports expansion boards with automatic detection
Supports flying from iOS and Android with Bluetooth LE support as well as from Windows/MacOSX/Linux with the Crazyradio or Crazyradio PA
Tested to above 1 km radio range LOS with Crazyradio PA
Wireless firmware update
On-board charging via standard uUSB
Dual-MCU architecture with dedicated radio/power management SoC for advanced applications
Using Crazyradio or Crazyradio PA tougether with a computer the user can log/graph/set variables in real-time via the radio and make full use of the expansion boards
• Weight: 27g
• Size (WxHxD): 92x92x29mm (motor-to-motor and including motor mount feet)
• 20 dBm radio amplifier tested to > 1 km range LOS with Crazyradio PA
• Bluetooth Low Energy support with iOS and Android clients available (tested on iOS 7.1+ and Android 4.4+)
• Radio backwards compatible with original Crazyflie and Crazyradio
• STM32F405 main application MCU (Cortex-M4, 168MHz, 192kb SRAM, 1Mb flash)
• nRF51822 radio and power management MCU (Cortex-M0, 32Mhz, 16kb SRAM, 128kb flash)
• On-board LiPo charger with 100mA, 500mA and 980mA modes available
• Full speed USB device interface
• Partial USB OTG capability (Usb OTG present but no 5V output)
• 3 axis gyro (MPU-9250)
• 3 axis accelerometer (MPU-9250)
• 3 axis magnetometer (MPU-9250)
• high precision pressure sensor (LPS25H)
• Flight time with stock battery: 7 minutes
• Chraging time with stock battery: 40 minutes
• Max recommended payload weight: 15 g
Expansion connector with:
• VCC (3.0V, max 100mA)
• VCOM (unregulated VBAT or VUSB, max 1A)
• VUSB (both for input and output)
• I2C (400kHz)
• 2 x UART
• 4 x GPIO/CS for SPI
• 1-wire bus for expansion identification
• 2 x GPIO connected to nRF51
1x Crazyflie 2.0 control board with all components mounted
5x CW propellers
5x CCW propellers
5x Motor mounts
1x LiPo battery (240mAh)
5x Coreless DC motors
2x Short expansion connector pins (1x10, 2mm spacing, 8 mm long)
2x Long expansion connector pins (1x10, 2mm spacing, 14 mm long)
1x Battery holder expansion board
If you have any further question for technical support, please contact [email protected]
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.