The Coobro Geo is an easy to assemble GPS navigation kit. Upload coordinates, turn it on, and the Coobro Geo will help you navigate to any destination on earth by using LEDs to show you the correct direction and distance remaining. Before you leave on your quest, press and hold the breadcrumbs button and the Coobro Geo will remember your location and help you navigate back. Store up to five pre-entered destination coordinates and five breadcrumbs, or modify the open source code and store as many coordinates as you want.
Use the Coobro Geo to help you find geocaches, store and navigate between hot fishing spots, complete a scavenger hunt, or simply help you find your car after a hike.
- High quality Fastrax UP501 GPS module with 66-channel receiver
- All through hole kit is easy to solder and requires minimal tools
- Completely open source hardware and software
- Program the software using the Arduino IDE
- Stores breadcrumbs in EEPROM so it remembers locations when turned off
- 1x Fastrax UP501 GPS Module
- 1x Atmega328 DIP Processor
- 1x Coobro Geo PCB
- 14x Bright Blue LEDs
- 2x 10 Ohm Resistor Networks
- 4x .1uF Ceramic Capacitors
- 1x 10uF Electrolytic Capacitor
- 2x Slide Switches
- 1x Push button
- 3x Header pins
- 1x Atmega328 Socket
- 1x 8MHz Ceramic Oscillator
- 1x AAA Enclosed Battery Holder
- 1x Lanyard
- 1x Power Supply Jumper
This kit requires assembly by the user. It's not a difficult kit, and can be put together even by a beginner using a soldering iron, solder, diagonal cutters and other small hand tools. Notice: in order for this kit to work, you'll need to have an FTDI cable or an FTDI breakout board such as Adafruit's FTDI Friend they are not included. You may also want to pick up some AAA batteries, 3 are required and are also not included.
Open Source Hardware: This kit is 100% open source hardware. The makers provide the Eagle Cad design files, schematics, and software for your hacking pleasure.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.