Spring terminal blocks will simplify your wiring and make your project more rugged. Instead of soldering wires to your perf board, solder in these 0.1" pitch terminal blocks. There's a little spring contact so you can pull back on the plastic bit and slip in your 20 to 26 AWG solid or stranded-core wires. Each terminal block is electrically isolated from those next to it. Each block also has two solder pins per contact for strong mechanical strength when soldering in place.
These are the "straight" style - the wires go in from the top. We also have "right angle" style if you want the wire to go in from the side.
What Adafruit like about these terminal blocks is that they are re-configurable! The pack comes in a set of 5 pieces of 3-pin blocks. However, by carefully removing the end cap on each one you can snap together any number and then reattach the end cap. So you could use this to have 5 x 3 pin contacts, or 1 x 15 pin contact, or 3 x 5 pin contacts, etc. Keep these around in your toolkit, and arrange them as needed!
These are a really great accompaniment to Adafruit's PermaProto boards.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.