The MPR121QR2 is an I2C driven capacitive touch sensor controller, capable of managing up to twelve electrodes. The chip also has eight LED driving pins, which, when not configured to control electrodes, can be used to drive LEDs. The device also features a 13th simulated electrode that represents the simultaneous charging of all the electrodes connected together to allow for increased proximity detection in a touch panel or touch screen array.
The MPR121QR2 can operate at anywhere from 1.71 to 3.6VDC. It’s an Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) compliant device with an additional interrupt that is triggered any time a touch or release of a button is detected. The I2C address is also configurable via the ADDR pin.
It’s a tiny chip, with a 0.4mm pitch and a 3x3mm footprint. Look for a breakout board coming soon!
- 1.71 V to 3.6 V operation
- 29 μA supply current at 16 ms sample period
- 3 μA shutdown current
- 12 electrodes
- Continuous independent auto-calibration for each electrode input
- Separate touch and release trip thresholds for each electrode, providing hysteresis and electrode independence
- LED driver functionality with 8 shared LEDs
- I2C interface, with IRQ output to advise electrode status changes
- 3 mm x 3 mm x 0.65 mm 20 lead QFN package
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.