This is a breakout board for the Maxim MAX7456 monochrome on-screen display chip. The board is set up with all supporting circuitry and RCA connectors to allow the user to easily interrupt and overlay text and/or graphics onto a video signal (PAL or NTSC). Just plug in your video signal to “Video In”, plug your TV into “Video Out”, connect a microcontroller to the SPI interface and supply the board with [email protected] (worst case) and you’re good to go. Supplied sample code runs on an ATMega168/328 (16MHz) and compiles with WinAVR, so it’s just about “plug-and-play” with an Arduino board.
- Input voltage 5V
- Current consumption 100mA, worst case
- 5V SPI interface
Weight: 0.30 ounces, 8.6 grams
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.