A very simple breadboard power supply kit that takes power from any USB port and outputs a fuse protected and regulated 3.3V. The .1" headers are mounted on the bottom of the PCB for simple insertion into a breadboard. Pins labeled 5V/GND 3.3V/GND plug directly into the power lines.
When you plug this board into a breadboard you must be aware that the unused power and ground pins will short if they are inserted into a bread board row. To avoid this problem, orient the board so that the unused power pins are left off the side of the breadboard. You can also orient the board sideways and utilize both 5V and 3.3V at the same time.
USB v2.0 specifies a max of 500mA at 5V. The on-board fuse limits the current to 500mA. Board has a handy On/Off switch.
Comes as a bag of parts kit and is easily assembled if you can follow the silkscreen indicators and have beginning experience with a soldering iron. You will need to read the resistor bands or use a multimeter to determine the resistor sizes.
Check out our Unregulated Power Supply Tutorial!
- USB type B connector
- TO-220 Voltage Regulator (LM317 1.5A max current)
- PTC Resettable Fuse
- 100uF 35V Capacitor
- 10uF 25V Capacitor
- 0.1uF 50V Capacitor
- Power LED
- SPDT Slide Switch
- 4pcs 0.1" Header Pins
- 330 Resistor 1/6W
- 390 Resistor 1/6W
- 240 Resistor 1/6W
- Bare PCB with Silkscreen Indicators
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.