This compact but 50W-powerful stationary soldering iron is a great entry-level soldering station, and Adafruit have been using it around Adafruit for soldering with a lot of success. It's not much more expensive than the chunky 'all in one" irons, but comes with a separate power supply and pen. Heats up fast and solders both lead and lead-free solder like a champ!
The powering station is equipped with a temperature control knob lock. After setting the desired temperature, tighten the hex nut on the underside of the knob mount using the supplied hex wrench. Turn the nut clockwise to tighten the knob lock. The heater light blinks on and off when the iron tip reaches the set temperature.
Please note that it comes with a blunt conical tip which is good for bigger through-hole parts. Adafruit found its OK for beginner projects but you'll likely want to pick up some alternative tips. You can use any "Hakko style" soldering tips to quickly change from through hole to SMT to drag-soldering and back. Adafruit strongly recommend picking up a screw-driver style tip for better THM results, and a fine-point tip for SMT work.
The included metal iron holder provides a safe way to put aside your soldering iron while still hot, and also includes a cleaning sponge with sponge tray. With proper care it will last for many years. Turn it off when not in use and clean the plated tip with a slightly damp sponge (no filing or sanding!)
- Soldering iron (ATTEN907)
- ATTEN iron holder with cleaning sponge
- Instruction manual
Plug is 110 US-style and can only be used in 110V countries! Do not attempt to use a plug-converter with this soldering iron to use in 220V countries.
- Power Voltage: 110V AC / 60Hz
- Power Consumption: 50W
- Temperature Range: 200 ~ 480°C / 392 ~ 896°F
- Tip Leakage Voltage: < 5mV
- Standard Tip: 900M
- Length (iron only): ~225mm / ~8.8"
- Weight (iron only): ~52g
- Dimensions (power station only): ~6.5" x 4.5" x 3.5"
- Weight (power station only): ~1,092g / ~2.4 lbs
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.