With the new Arduino Zero, the more creative individual will have the potential to create one’s most imaginative and new ideas for IoT devices, wearable technologies, high tech automation, wild robotics and other not yet thinkable adventures in the world of makers.
The Arduino Zero represents a simple, yet powerful, 32-bit extension of the Arduino UNO platform. The board is powered by Atmel’s SAMD21 MCU, featuring a 32-bit ARM Cortex® M0+ core. With the addition of the Zero board, the Arduino family becomes larger with a new member providing increased performance.
The power of its Atmel’s core gives this board an upgraded flexibility and boosts the scope of projects one can think of and make; moreover, it makes the Zero the ideal educational tool for learning about 32-bit application development.
Atmel’s Embedded Debugger (EDBG), integrated in the board, provides a full debug interface with no need for additional hardware, making debugging much easier. EDBG additionally supports a virtual COM port for device programming and traditional Arduino boot loader functionality uses.
Please note: Adafruit at Adafruit have only started to really play with the Zero but Adafruit thought we'd offer it up to Adafruit's customers who would appreciate getting an early look! There's a few core changes in this chipset that may make many libraries, shields and other Arduino add-ons will not work out-of-the-box. The Zero is for advanced hackers only at this time.
- Microcontroller: ATSAMD21G18, 32-Bit ARM Cortex M0+
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V
- Digital I/O Pins: 20
- PWM Pins: All but pins 2 and 7
- UART: 2 (Native and Programming)
- Analog Input Pins: 6, 12-bit ADC channels
- Analog Output Pins: 1, 10-bit DAC
- External Interrupts: All pins except pin 4
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 7 mA
- Flash Memory: 256 KB
- SRAM: 32 KB
- EEPROM: None
- Clock Speed: 48 MHz
- 70.3mm x 53.5mm x 12.7mm / 2.76" x 2.1" x 0.5"
- Weight: 22.6g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.