This is the same product as the ProtoShield Kit. The difference is this version comes in fancy clamshell packaging meant for our distributors that need it. Regular customers are welcome to order, but we want to limit the amount of extra packaging finding its way into the trash heap. A ProtoShield quickstart guide is available!
Riding on the waves of the very popular Arduino USB board is this small prototyping shield. Originally spawned with collaboration between the folks at SFE and ITP @ NYU, the ProtoShield mates with the Arduino USB board and gives the user a small soldering area, two general LEDs, access to a BlueSMiRF socket, a general push button switch, and most important of all - the Arduino reset switch is brought to the top level.
This comes in kit form and must be soldered together by the end user. Please note - we do not ship assembly instructions! There are a few tutorials on assembly listed below. All soldering is through-hole (relatively easy) but always check your component orientation before soldering!
We highly recommend this breadboard! See the related items below for all the colorful options of breadboards available.
- 1 x ProtoShield bare PCB
- 2 x Stackable Headers 6-pin
- 2 x Stackable Headers 8-pin
- 2 x 5mm Basic Yellow LEDs
- 2 x 330 Ohm resistors
- 1 x 10k resistor
- 2 x Momentary push buttons
- 2 x 0.1uF Ceramic Capacitors
- All Arduino pins are brought to the top level
- 5V, GND, and Vin pins are exposed as well
- BlueSMiRF socket for wireless communication between Arduinos
- 2 general use LEDs
- 1 general use button
- Reset button brought to top level
- ProtoShield Quickstart Guide
- Assembly Instructions
- ProtoShield Schematic
- Arduino Home Page
- Assembly Tutorial by Bob Gallup
- ProtoShield Eagle Files
Standalone Circuit Board:****BatchPCB: Arduino ProtoShield
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.