Create your own toys, remote controllers, alarms, detectors, robots, and many other projects with the Arduino development board. This simple microcontroller lets artists and designers build a variety of amazing objects and prototypes that interact with the physical world. With this cookbook you can dive right in and experiment with more than a hundred tips and techniques, no matter what your skill level is.
The recipes in this book provide solutions for most common problems and questions Arduino users have, including everything from programming fundamentals to working with sensors, motors, lights, and sound, or communicating over wired and wireless networks. You’ll find the examples and advice you need to begin, expand, and enhance your projects right away.
The Second Edition of the Arduino Cookbook fixes any example code that may have been ‘broken’ by the release of Arduino 1.0. Also, recipes that use devices that are no longer widely available have been updated to use newer sensors and actuators!
- Get to know the Arduino development environment
- Understand the core elements of the Arduino programming language
- Use common output devices for light, motion, and sound
- Interact with almost any device that has a remote control
- Learn techniques for handling time delays and time measurement
- Use simple ways to transfer digital information from sensors to the Arduino device
- Create complex projects that incorporate shields and external modules
- Use and modify existing Arduino libraries, and learn how to create your own
- Author: Michael Margolis
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media
- Paperback: 724 pages
- 2nd Edition
- ISBN 10: 1-4493-1387-6
- ISBN 13: 978-1-4493-1387-6
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.