The Arduino 101 is a learning and development board that delivers the performance and low-power consumption of the Intel® Curie module with the simplicity of Arduino at an entry-level price. This development platform keeps the same robust form factor and peripheral list of the UNO with the addition of onboard Bluetooth LE capabilities and a 6-axis accelerometer/gyro to help you easily expand your creativity into the connected world.
The Intel® Curie module contains two tiny cores, an x86 (Quark) and a 32-bit ARC architecture core, both clocked at 32MHz. The Intel toolchain compiles your Arduino sketches optimally across both cores to accomplish the most demanding tasks. The Arduino 101 comes with 14 digital input/output pins (of which 4 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, a USB connector for serial communication and sketch upload, a power jack, an ICSP header with SPI signals and I2C dedicated pins. The board operating voltage and I/O is 3.3V but all pins are protected against 5V overvoltage.
Note: The Arduino 101 is only available for customers in the USA. If you are located in Canada, the EU, or the Middle East be sure to check out the Genuino 101 instead. Sorry, world!
Note: The Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and framework developed by Intel is scheduled to be open sourced in March 2016. Until then, it’s not possible to interface with it directly; only the Arduino core can do it via static mailboxes.
- Microcontroller: Intel® Curie™
- Operating Voltage: 3.3V (5V tolerant I/O)
- Input Voltage (recommended): 7-12V
- Input Voltage (limit): 7-20V
- Digital I/O Pins: 14 (4 provide PWM output)
- PWM Digital I/O Pins: 4
- Analog Input Pins: 6
- DC Current per I/O Pin: 20 mA
- Flash Memory: 196 kB
- SRAM: 24 kB
- Clock Speed: 32MHz
- Bluetooth LE
- 6-axis accelerometer/gyro
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.