Adafruit is currently shipping R3 of the Arduino Uno
Interested in making neat stuff with an Arduino but not sure where to start? This kit includes all the pieces needed to complete 11 different circuits, along with a experimenter's guide booklet & breadboard layout sheets. Basically everything you need to be playing within minutes of its arrival. No soldering required!
Includes the Thru-hole (THM) type Arduino Uno R3. The new Uno is the latest version after the Duemilanove, with an improved USB interface chip. Like the Duemilanove, it not only has an expanded shield header with a 3.3V reference and a RESET pin (which solves the problem of how to get to the RESET pin in a shield) AND a 500mA fuse to protect your computer's USB port, but ALSO an automatic circuit to select USB or DC power without a jumper! The Uno is pin and code-compatible with the Duemilanove, Diecimilla and older Arduinos so all your shields, libraries, code will still work. The new R3 (3rd revision) of the UNO has a few minor updates, with an upgrade to the USB interface chip and additional breakouts for the i2c pins and an IORef pin. For more information about the UNO, the R3 and what the updates mean, please check Adafruit's UNO FAQ!
Note: As of July 23rd, 2015 the ARD-X is shipping with American-made Arduinos!
If you're an educator looking to order more of this product than Adafruit have in stock, please email [email protected]!
- 13 circuits to explore microcontroller basics. Covering LEDs, transistors, motors, integrated circuits, pushbuttons, variable resistors, photo resistors, temperature sensors & relays.
- Comes with an Arduino Uno (the latest Arduino) prototyping bundle to make constructing your circuits and future projects easy.
- Printed copy of the Arduino Experimenter's Guide means no need to flip between on-screen windows.
- Each circuit includes a layout sheet, eliminating guesswork when it comes to component placement.
- Fully open source, meaning you can download and print additional circuit sheets, or download the component files and make your own circuits.
- Help is only an e-mail away ( [email protected] )
- NEW - Cardboard box for storing! A plastic box is no longer included!
- Arduino Prototyping Bundle (the latest Arduino Uno '328 board, half size breadboard & acrylic holder)
- 65 Piece Jumper Wire Bundle
- Full color printed 32 page Experimenter's Guide
- 13 color Breadboard Layout Sheets
- USB Cable
- 9V battery clip
- Loads of components
- New! 5mm diffused tri-color (RGB) LED (x1)
- New! Force Sensing Resistor (FSR) for detecting touch and squeezing. (Please note, Adafruit are currently shipping with the FSR-400 not FSR-402 since there's a 2 month backorder for the '402. The '400 works exactly the same but has a smaller 'head')
- 5mm Red LEDs (x10)
- 5mm Green LEDs (x10)
- 10mm Blue LED (x1)
- Toy DC Motor (x1)
- Mini Servo Motor (x1)
- 8-Bit Shift Register (74HC595) (x1)
- Piezo Element (x1)
- Pushbuttons (x2)
- Potentiometer (10k) (x1)
- Photo Resistor (x1)
- Temperature Sensor (TMP36) (x1)
- Relay (5v DPDT) (x1)
- Transistors (P2N2222A) (x2)
- Resistors (560 Ohm x25, 2.2k Ohm x3, 10k Ohm x3)
- Diodes (1N4001) (x2)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.