The LS20031 global positioning system (GPS) receiver module from Locosys receives GPS data on up to 66 channels and outputs the data in more than 6 different National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) GPS sentences to a TTL-level serial port at a rate of up to 10 Hz. Since the GPS module has an integrated ceramic antenna, you don’t need to buy an external antenna or worry about the many different antenna connectors. The module can typically acquire a fix from a cold start in 32 seconds, and, by saving information about the satellites it was last connected to, the LS20031 can acquire a hot-start fix in less than 1 second.
- 32 second cold start, less than 1 second hot start
- Supports 66-channel GPS
- Up to 10Hz update rate
- 3 to 4.2 V operating range
- Built-in rechargeable battery to preserve system data for rapid satellite acquisition
- Red LED indicator for GPS fix or no fix
- MediaTek MT3339 receiver chipset
- Capable of QZSS and SABS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Self-generated ephemeris prediction
- Supports assisted GPS (AGPS)
Note: This is a 3.3V device. External components (such as voltage dividers) are required when interfacing with 5V systems.
The LS20031 GPS receiver module’s firmware is initially set to a 5Hz update rate, a 57600bps serial communication rate, and is set to output GGA, GLL, GSV, GSA, RMC, and VTG NMEA sentences. After connecting the LS20031 GPS receiver to a computer using a serial port or USB-to-serial adapter, you can use the Mini GPS Windows application (1MB zip) to change these default settings. You can change the baud rate, or turn off the NMEA sentences you don’t need. The MTK packet user’s manual (79k pdf) provides a list of ASCII packets that you can send to the LS20031 to configure it from within an embedded application.
The GPSFox (1MB zip) Windows application from Locosys displays the serial GPS data in a fancy format, but, unlike the the Mini GPS application, it can’t configure the LS20031 GPS receiver module.
Note: This product replaces the older LS20031 GPS Receiver Module with MT3329 Chipset.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.